Sunday, April 22, 2012

DIY - No Sew Belly Band

Why buy new when it can be made by YOU?  So since you are pregnant about 40 weeks,  I am almost 5 months pregnant in these pictures, and Maternity clothes seem to be twice the amount of regular clothes, It makes me scratch my head when others go out and purchase clothes that may be worn for only 4 months. So in my Pinterest addiction, I found a website called DIY Maternity.  They have some great DIY stuff from making your own nursing pads to taking your significant others button up shirts and making them look adorable on you.

I am now at the stage where I really want to wear my jeans, but those lil size 2s are not going to fit anymore. You can pay  26.00 retail to buy a Bella Band. OR you can save money, and like me spend nothing, and use that money for say.. a pedicure.

So with all that being said here is the link to where I got this idea http://diymaternity.com/pants-skirts/how-to-make-a-no-sew-belly-band/


Now instructions for a No Sew Belly Band
You will need

and old tank top
pair of scissors

Take your tank top, lay it flat, cut off the top of the tank top and VOILA a  New sew belly band.
 I folded mine down a bit for comfort
 Update  1-5-13
This worked well for the remainder of my pregnancy. and post partum.  I highly suggest using a cami or tank top that is smaller than what you normally wear or tight on you or that made of a stretchy type fabric.  My hips grew one pant size so those jeans in that pic.. are being given away. I ended up wearing yoga pants mostly by pregnancy week 38 and 39.  The belly band was still able to be used since by that point my shirts were too small. Oh the joys of pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment