Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thanksgiving is quickly approaching

Fall is my favorite time of year. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Thanksgiving is the one time  I go "all out" for a holiday. I insist on hosting it every year if I can.  I think the reason why I love it so much is because for me,  the holiday is focused on giving thanks and being with family. Of course stuffing our tummies with turkey and all the yummy stuff that comes with the dinner is a big plus for me.

I tend to get crafty this time of year. Our normal tradition is that the kids make "placemats" from construction paper and paint them with their hand prints to make turkeys. Each guest has a custom placemat. We also have started to go around and say what one thing we were thankful for the past year. My husband makes this ooh so yummy to-die-for  Triple layer Ghirardellli  chocolate pumpkin cheesecake..I will post recipe very soon. So, I was wondering,  What kind of traditions does your family do for Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

  1. We put up a small tree (think Christmas tree) and then pass out cards for people to write what they are thankful for. We then hang them on the "thankful tree" and keep it up for the entire "season." That way, when the kids (or adults) ;-) start getting those Christmas "gimmies" we can look at the tree and remind ourselves that we have so much to be grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving! (It's my favorite too)

    ReplyDelete